Last updated 15 March 2017
What is polyamory? According to the definition provided on the website More Than Two, polyamory is "the state or practice of maintaining multiple sexual and/or romantic relationships simultaneously, with the full knowledge and consent of all the people involved."
What is this webpage? This is a simple list of books and articles for who are interested in academic publications and research about polyamory. If you were looking for more general reading, try companion page Polyamory Reading Guide.
Why does it look so basic? Because simple solutions are often the most effective, but mostly because I'm not a web designer.
What style guide are you using for references? I'm glad you asked! I'm using the Anglia Ruskin University Library Guide to the Harvard System of Referencing (6th edition), because it's the one I use for work.
These articles are paywalled. How do I read them? What you definitely don't do is look them up with Sci-Hub, because that would be bad and wrong.
- Haritaworn, J., Lin, C. and Klesse, C., 2006. Poly/logue: A Critical Introduction to Polyamory. Sexualities 9(5), pp.515-529.
- Klesse, C., 2006. Polyamory and its 'Others': Contesting the Terms of Non-Monogamy. Sexualities 9(5), pp.565-583.
- Weitzman, G., 2006. Therapy with Clients Who Are Bisexual and Polyamorous. Journal of Bisexuality 6(1-2), pp.137-164.
- Heckert, J., 2010. Love without borders? Intimacy, identity and the state of compulsory monogamy. Available through The Anarchist Library.
- Shannon, D. and Willis, A., 2010. Theoretical polyamory: Some thoughts on loving, thinking, and queering anarchism. Sexualities 13(4), pp.433-443.
- Barker, M. and Langdridge, D., 2010. Whatever happened to non-monogamies? Critical reflections on recent research and theory. Sexualities 13(6), pp.748-772.
- Tweedy, A.E., 2010. Polyamory as a Sexual Orientation. University of Cincinnati Law Review 79, pp.1461.
- Song, S., 2012. Polyamory and Queer Anarchism: Infinite Possibilities for Resistance Available through The Anarchist Library.
- Jeppesen, S., 2012. Queering Heterosexuality. Available through The Anarchist Library.
- Conley, T.D., Moors, A.C., Matsick, J.L. and Ziegler, A., 2012. The Fewer the Merrier?: Assessing Stigma Surrounding Consensually Non-monogamous Romantic Relationships. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy 13(1), pp.1-30.
- Rubel, A.N. and Bogaert, A.F., 2014. Consensual Nonmonogamy: Psychological Well-Being and Relationship Quality Correlates. The Journal of Sex Research 52(9), pp. 961-982.
- Grunt-Mejer, K. and Campbell, C., 2015. Around Consensual Nonmonogamies: Assessing Attituds Toward Nonexclusive Relationships. The Journal of Sex Research 53(1), pp. 45-53.
- Hutzler, K.T., Giuliano, T.A., Herselman, J.R. and Johnson, S.M., 2016. Three's a crowd: public awareness and (mis)perceptions of polyamory. Psychology & Sexuality 7(2), pp.69-87.
- Sizemore, K.M. and Olmstead, S.B., 2016. Willingness to Engage in Consensual Nonmonogamy Among Emerging Adults: A Structural Equation Analysis of Sexual Identity, Casual Sex Attitudes, and Gender. The Journal of Sex Research.
Something to add? Email firstname.lastname@example.org