HR Director Interview
First question for us before we schedule any interviews, what are the five most important things (core competencies) we're going to use to evaluate candidates?
- What are the 3 or 4 most important things you expect to do in this role?
- Outline for us how you would have organized the hiring process for this position.
- Tell us about the hiring process at your previous company. Did you organize it? What would you have changed?
- Tell us about a time you had to let someone go.
- We received over 100 applicants for this position. How would you have filtered these applications?
- In a survey completed by employees before we hired our first HR director, the top priority was, "Don't go corporate." What does that mean to you? How will it inform your role if hired?
- Have you ever heard the saying, "HR is not your friend"? What do you make of this expression?
- Several employees have expressed dissatisfaction with our health insurance plan. How would you address this?
- What online HR platform do you prefer?
- Describe an instance where you had to roll up your sleeves to get something done.
- What's your opinion on remote teams? Working from home?
- What do you think is the appropriate amount of PTO for new hires?
- What do you think of personality assessments?