- It is extremely important that we have thorough and detailed data concerning the block chain and network.
- Detailed and thorough data can be utilized by investors to inform decisions, developers to gain insight and users to identify problems.
- This petition proposes that the client begins to store this important data and make it available to the end user.
Current Network Behavior:
- A small subset of data is available via the 'getinfo', 'getstakinginfo' and other commands.
Proposed Network Behavior:
- The following data should be made available via RPC and UI:
- Average block size
- Average block time
- Transactions per block
- Average fees paid per block
- Average transaction size(in bytes)
- Average transaction size(in CLAM)
- Average fees paid per transaction
- Average fees paid per byte
- Average outputs per transaction
- Average inputs per transaction
- Average fee paid as a percentage of sent
- Money Supply
- Velocity, count of CLAM moved
- Average CLAMspeech size in bytes
- Petition identifiers and source links
- Petition support
- Average size of mempool(in bytes)
- Average size of mempool(in transactions)
- This data would be stored 'off-chain' and could thus be optional.
- This data would be stored in reference to the specific block to which it pertains.
- This individual block data could then be iterated to calculate specific results over various time windows.
- This data would be made available via the 'getinfo' command and/or other RPC commands.
- Mempool data would only be relevant to the specific node in question.
- Mempool data would only be relevant during time periods in which the node was actively sync'd.